You will need
• 1 sheet A4-size paper of any
colour for the card
• Yellow or gold paper
• Textured or patterned paper or
fabric in different colours
• Glue, scissors
• Sequins (optional)
• Fold the card paper in half.
• From one of the textured or patterned papers, cut
paper that’s slightly smaller than the front of your card.
• Stick the smaller piece of paper on top of your card.
• Now, cut three semicircles, for the diyas. It’s better
if each is cut from a different paper, so that if they
overlap, they all still stand out.
• Using the yellow or gold paper, cut three flames for the
• Stick the diyas and flames on top of the card.
• Once everything is in place, and the glue has dried,
you can decorate your diyas and card with sequins. A
great gift for Diwali.
You will need
• Glitter and sequins in different
• Sheet of cardboard or thermocol
• Pencil, paper cutter
• Needle and string or thread
• Using a pencil, draw stars on the cardboard or thermocol. You can
make them any size you want.
• Ask an adult to help you cut out the stars using a paper cutter.
• Spread out glitter and sequins on flat sheets of newspaper.
• Now, coat one side of a star completely with glue and press the
glued side onto the glitter, so that the entire side of the star is
covered in glitter. Allow the glue time to dry.
• Repeat this for the other stars, using different colours of glitter
• Once all the stars are dry, pierce one end of each star with a needle
and loop a string or thread to it. You can use this to hang your
• Alternatively, use Blu-tack to stick the stars on any surface you
want to decorate.
• You can use this method for any shape you want – circles,
diamonds, angel silhouettes or even snowmen. Use them as
decorations for the house, for any festival or celebration.