2tbsp rum (optional)
• Cut the cake into two layers from the middle.
• Take two cups of water, the sugar and rum in a saucepan and heat the mixture. As it heats, stir it. Take it off the fire once the sugar has completely melted.
• Moisten both layers of the cake with the sugar and rum syrup. Use a brush to do this, making sure you do it gently, so as not to break the sponge.
• Once the entire cake has been soaked, put a layer of cream on one of the cakes.
• Next, put a layer of sliced strawberries on top of the cream.
• Carefully take the other half of the cake and place it on top of the piece that has the strawberries.
• Now, put one more layer of cream on the top of the cake and put another layer of sliced strawberries
• Decorate the cake with dollops of cream topped with whole strawberries along the sides of the cake.