350gm pomfret (single piece)
15gm green chillies
Coconut milk (1/2 of the fruit)
20ml refined oil
Salt, to taste
˝ a coconut (grated)
30gm red chillies
1gm turmeric powder
3 cloves of garlic
10gm coriander seeds
- Clean the fish, and cut into darne (three pieces).
- Make a paste of all ingredients listed under the
- Strain the paste through the muslin. Collect the
liquid extracted and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a clay pot and add chopped onion.
- Sauté the onion till it turns brown and
follow it with chopped tomatoes and
- Sauté for two minutes and add water.
- Add salt and the liquid extracted from
straining the paste.
- Now, add coconut milk and kokum, and
simmer for three minutes.
- Finally, add the fish and cook till it is
well-done. Serve it warm.