One of the joys of visiting a new place is getting to try the local food. And Madhya Pradesh has plenty of mouth-watering delicacies, making it a haven for foodies. Plan a visit to Kanha and you will find that one of the top things to do in Kanha is to indulge in piping hot samosas with tangy chutney, sweet jalebis, or the local favourite – bhutte ka kees.
Top 7 Food Of Madhya Pradesh:-
Madhya Pradesh Food
Bhutte Ka Kees
The cuisine of Madhya Pradesh appeals to the palate of vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Poha, bafla with dal, and bhutte ka kees are some vegetarian delights, while non-vegetarians can feast on kebabs, kheema, biryani, and gosht korma. If you’re a foodie hunting for the best place to try local delicacies, head to Club Mahindra Kanha resort.
1. Bhutte ka kees – As the name suggests, this dish is mainly bhutta (corn). It’s a speciality dish from Indore that has become a much-loved street food. Essentially, it is grated corn simmered in milk with Indian spices. It also has a hint of mustard seeds and green chilli to add that bite.
2. Dal bafla – Dal bafla draws inspiration from Rajasthan’s speciality daal bati. Wheat dough balls are cooked (mostly baked) until they turn crispy and are then soaked in ghee. Typically, bafla (wheat balls) are eaten in combination with dal and coriander chutney. The local way to eat it is to crush the bafla and pour the dal over it. It’s a great meal option with the right mix of carbs, fats, proteins, and vitamins. It is one of the healthiest food in Madhya Pradesh.
3. Gosht korma - This Nawabi recipe will tickle the taste buds of every non-vegetarian. Hailing from Bhopal, the capital city of Madhya Pradesh, gosht korma involves chunks of slow-cooked mutton simmering in a rich, peppery gravy.
4. Seekh kebabs – You can see a lot of influences from Mughlai cuisine in the state, including the famous seekh kebab. Succulent minced meat is pressed onto a skewer and cooked over coal until charred to perfection. It’s a popular dish throughout the country. Similar to seekh kebabs, shammi kebabs and kheema are other must-try food in Madhya Pradesh.
5. Biryani – A popular delicacy in the state, Biryani needs no introduction. The difference with the biryani here is that comes with zarda. Zarda is a sweet accompaniment in which rice is rolled in sugar, milk and food colouring and seasoned with almonds, pistachios, cardamom, saffron and raisins, adding to the flavour of the overall dish.
6. Malpua -An Indian pancake that is deep-fried in ghee and then immersed in sugar syrup for that added sweetness. It’s sinfully delicious, all the same.
7. Jalebi – Needing no introduction, jalebi is a dish enjoyed by anyone who has a sweet tooth, irrespective of age. Shaped like a coil, it’s deep-fried and doused in sugar syrup.
These are just a few of the most popular foods in Madhya Pradesh. With all this variety, there’s no reason why food lovers should delay a visit to Kanha. Check yourself into Club Mahindra Kanha resort and sample the local dishes served at the in-house restaurant. Club Mahindra reviews will tell you what to expect when you stay at the Club Mahindra Kanha resort. Get a Club Mahindra membership and you can travel to different places in the country (and around the world) while enjoying a comfortable stay. In addition to this, you also get to taste authentic cuisines unique to the region you are travelling to.
Why wait? Make the most of your vacation with a Club Mahindra membership today!