The Dubai Shopping Festival 2017 is the most anticipated festival by both locals and tourists visiting the city. This one-month long extravaganza is a diverse mix of activities that makes Dubai vibrant and cheerful. Here’s a list of the top 10 things to do for the shopping aficionados and entertainment buff in you.
The global village is where you can experience the beautiful cultural nuances of over 50 countries. There are several exciting options for shopping and dining in this open-air theme park where entertainment shows by talented performers from all over the world are hosted. Make sure that you don’t just hit the malls but also the local hideouts and flea markets as well for some great stuff available at heavily discounted prices!
- Al Seef Street is where the DSF begins and is quite hard to miss with its throngs of visitors to the festival. A spectacular firework show and animated parade kicks off the DSF here.
- The Layali Dubai Concert is held on the Burj Steps and is basically two nights of mesmerizing Arabic music concert, where exquisite Arab singers perform melodious numbers. This one cannot be missed if you’re a music buff.
- Al Rigga Street is a crowded fun fair style carnival, featuring a circus, astounding street performances, delectable culinary delights and a night souk that cannot be missed.
- DSF Desert Camp is all about Emirati heritage: camel and horse rides, a barbecue and food court offering local delicacies and a number of the souks can be found here.
- Asianet Film Awards are one the many film festivals at DSF. This is where the glitz and glamour quotient of the festival take a bump!
- As you take some time off from shopping, learn about the rich cultural history of the place at the Al Fahidi fort, the oldest existing building in Dubai built in 1787. Colourful dioramas and exhibits depict the everyday life during the days when oil wasn’t yet discovered.
- The Dubai Museum, housed in the Al Fahidi Fort was opened in 1971 and features several galleries that give a glimpse into historic Arab houses, mosques, markets and date farms. You’ll get a whiff of the quintessential Emirati culture and heritage.
Al Rigga Road
- Night Souks are a highlight of the DSF where you can savor fresh food and beverages, unique gifts and souvenirs for your loved ones and enjoy lively events and have fun with kids.
- The enthralling Promenade at Dubai Festival City features resplendent firework shows and is a place bustling with excitement at all times.
Mall at the Festival City
- The Infiniti Mega Raffle is one of the biggest draws of Dubai Shopping Festival, offering shoppers an incredible opportunity to take home amazing prizes every day. Raffle tickets can be purchased for AED 200 and prizes include a brand-new Infiniti car plus AED 150,000 daily!
Club Mahindra Arabian Dreams Resort
If you’re looking for resorts in Dubai to stay with family & witness the splendid Dubai Shopping Festival, look no further than the Club Mahindra Arabian Dreams Resort. We promise to pamper you with cozy rooms and a host of modern amenities as you indulge in some retail therapy. Explore top holiday destinations with your family and have a comfortable stay in India's favorite resort chain - Club Mahindra.