Orlando, located in central Florida in the United States is best known for theme parks, family attractions, such as Walt Disney World, Sea Life Orlando Aquarium, and Universal Orlando. Orlando is also called ‘The City Beautiful’, and it is America's most visited destination. Orlando International Airport is considered to be the busiest airport in all of Florida. It is home to the aviation and aerospace industry, biotechnology research, film and television production, and manufacturing.
The Best Time To Visit Orlando
Spring, between the months of March and May, is an ideal season to travel to Orlando. The weather is pleasant and comfortable for sightseeing. The prices may be lower than in summer.
During Autumn, the weather gets unpredictable and might as well experience hurricanes. Whereas winter, from November through February, is a popular time when prices are higher, but the weather is perfect and warmer than most other places.
Things To Know About Orlando
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) is located at a distance of about 10 miles from downtown Orlando and about 25 miles from Walt Disney World.
- There are more than 100 lakes in the Orlando area and Lake Eola, the largest is actually a giant sinkhole where you can spot swans of five different breeds.
- Several popular motion pictures are filmed in Orlando.
World's largest Disney Store and the world's largest McDonalds are in Orlando.
How To Get Around In Orlando
- SunRail: The diesel-electric commuter is available here to take you around and has a bus connection from Orlando International Airport.
- Lynx is Orlando's regional bus transit system and can easily take you around.
- I-Ride Trolley provides affordable transportation and their map shows stops at hotels, restaurants, shops and parks for convenience.
- Taxis, shuttle vans, rental cars, hotel shuttles and ride sharing are options to reach your destination from Orlando International Airport.
Best Places To Eat In Orlando
- Trevi Pasta serves you fresh pasta on order. This is an Italian eatery offering different options of salads, meats and seafood.
- Russell’s on Lake Ivanhoe is ideal for a weekend brunch or dinner served with spectacular lake views. You can try lamb racks, lobster, chicken kiev and beef items from the classic menu.
- Kres Chophouse is an independent steakhouse where you can try fresh Florida fish and regional seafood.
- Pat O’Brien’s is located in Universal Orlando, where you can listen to live music and try their specialties like Crawfish Etouffee, Blackened Redfish and Bar of Beignets.
Places To Visit In Orlando
- Walt Disney World Parks are Florida's most hyped attractions. There are four parks, of which Magic Kingdom is the most iconic, where you can see Cinderella's Castle right at the centre of the park. You can also meet popular international Disney characters like Belle and Mary Poppins.
- The Hollywood Studios Park gives visitors the opportunity to see into the world of movie magic. Animal Kingdom gives you a glimpse of African animals in a natural habitat.
- Fireworks and parades are nightly events throughout the parks, and tourists gather to witness these. Disney's many resort hotel complexes make the experience complete.
- SeaWorld Orlando has Aquatica, a water park with a winding river, water slides, sandy beaches and heated wave pools. At Discovery Cove, visitors are allowed to interact with dolphins, exotic birds, go snorkelling and swimming. People can also enjoy exciting rides, watch live shows, and see a variety of sea creatures and mammals. Shopping, tours, dining places and educational experiences are available at SeaWorld.
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens is home to more than 500 animals, an insect zoo, reptile house and petting zoo set in native gardens and lush tropical foliage.
- WonderWorks Orlando is a unique amusement park meant for learning science in a fun way.
- Chocoholics can take an interactive factory tour at the Chocolate Kingdom and try some delicious chocolate after watching how they are made.
- Get away from all the noise and crowd to visit the beautiful Leu Gardens. It is spread across more than 50 acres and has ponds, fountains, walking trails, elm trees and an extensive rose garden. There is a huge collection of palms and bromeliads.
- Orlando Museum of Art features American art, African art, the art of the Ancient Americas, photography, sculpture and more, with a collection of over 2,400 items.
Best Shopping Sites In Orlando
- Bijou’s Boutique offers upscale women’s clothing and accessories. You’ll find pieces by well-known designer brands as well as some hidden gems.
- The Mall at Millenia includes designer stores like Michale Kors, Emporio Armani, Chanel and Versace as well as home goods, shoes and a food court.
- Retromended Vintage offers a unique collection of curated vintage clothing, accessories and décor.
The Florida Mall is Central Florida’s largest shopping centre featuring more than 250 retail, dining and entertainment venues.
Club Mahindra promises the best of hospitality, safety and comfort. We make your vacations unforgettable. Check out our website and spend a few days at our affiliated resorts for some of the best experiences in Orlando.
About Mahindra Holidays
Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Limited (MHRIL), India’s leading player in the leisure hospitality industry, offers quality family holidays as also stated by Club Mahindra Resort Reviews and Club Mahindra Reviews, primarily through vacation ownership memberships. While Club Mahindra is the flagship brand offering Club Mahindra Membership, other brands offered by the company are – Club Mahindra Resorts Fundays and Svaastha Spa. As of Mar 31, 2019, MHRIL has 61+ resorts across India and abroad and its subsidiary, Holiday Club Resorts Oy, Finland, a leading vacation ownership company in Europe has 33 resorts across Finland, Sweden and Spain. Visit us at https://www.clubmahindra.com/