Jodhpur is the second largest city in Rajasthan. It is also known as the ‘Blue City’, thanks to most houses being painted a distinct shade of blue. If you don’t believe us, trying getting a bird’s-eye view of the city from an aeroplane or from the lofty Mehrangarh Fort!
Full of spectacular palaces and magnificent havelis, a trip to Jodhpur means never running out of sightseeing options. One of the most famous tourist spots is of course Mehrangarh Fort, whose premises contain Moti Mahal, Phool Mahal, Sheesh Mahal, and the Zenana.
Then there’s the towering Umaid Bhawan Palace, Khejarla Fort, and several lakes and markets. Shopping enthusiasts should visit the Ghanta Ghar (clock tower) in the market area if they want to buy local handicrafts, silver, sweets, or textiles.
Apart from sightseeing and shopping, travellers can also meet the Bishnoi community in the comfort of their homes. Learn about their culture, the fiercely protected blackbuck deer, and the tribe’s passion for preserving the vegetation and animal life around them.
After a day filled with activities, one can opt to stay within the city at one of the several resorts in Jodhpur. If you wish to go off the beaten track and experience some peace and quiet on your holiday, head straight to Pratap Niwas, a Club Mahindra affiliate. Nestled in the lap of nature, this royal haveli can be described as being more of a glorious palace than a hotel.
Club Mahindra is a very popular chain of resorts spread across the country, with several international affiliations as well. Do read the Club Mahindra reviews posted online to get a better idea of the services on offer.
Pratap Niwas resort in Jodhpur is incredibly interesting for children, and here’s why:
1. Sprawling Lawns: The impeccably manicured acres of green around Pratap Niwas resort in Jodhpur is perfect for children to frolic in. In minutes, they can enter their own world of fun and games, completely oblivious to the adults keeping an eye on them. Despite being situated in the desert state of Rajasthan, Pratap Niwas resort in Jodhpur has lawns that are lush green and well maintained.
2. Steeped in History: The effect is felt even as you enter through the gates. On the porch is parked a lovely vintage car. It is maintained impeccably and is an especially intriguing sight for children since a vintage car is such a rarity today. It’s the perfect opportunity to take photographs with your kids.
3. Spacious Rooms: Spacious, tastefully decorated rooms will instantly make you feel like royalty. Vintage furniture such as four-poster beds, ornate chairs, and chandeliers bring to life the erstwhile palatial life. It’s the perfect opportunity to give your kids an insight into a bygone era.
4. Dinner on the Terrace: Pratap Niwas resort in Jodhpur boasts of a gorgeous terrace that is perfect to have a spectacular dinner under the moonlit sky. Enjoy a sumptuous meal with your family while gazing at amazing views of the city from the rooftop.
5. Stud Farm Horses: Beautiful, healthy horses are reared nearby in stables that visitors can visit. It’s quite an experience for children to see horses at close quarters in their natural habitat. They are sure to take some cherished memories back home.
6. Souvenir Shop: Guests simply love the souvenir shop on the property. Children will have fun picking up souvenirs for themselves and their friends. From local handicrafts to clothes and accessories, the range is vast and prices are reasonable.
A stay at Club Mahindra’s Pratap Niwas resort in Jodhpur is filled with serenity and grandeur, with no scope for boredom. You can take your kids for a swim in an impressive pool on the premises, or lounge on the lawn, or listen to live music that’s arranged in the courtyard in the evenings. Every aspect of this resort in Jodhpur has been crafted to offer the utmost comfort.
Pratap Niwas has taken a lot of care to weave local culture into all the experiences for its guests. This way, your children will gain new and valuable insights while on a family holiday – and have fun doing it. Browse the Club Mahindra Resort reviews online to find out how other travellers are utilising their Club Mahindra memberships to have memorable holidays!