Shared by Janki on 27 December 2021
Puducherry, which is also known as the French Capital of India, is a beautiful Union Territory. One can reach this place from Chennai. It's 4 hours drive from Chennai. On the way, you can visit Mahabalipuram. Mahabalipuram is a world UNESCO site and has an old stone temple from PANDAVA time. It is a beautiful CHARIOT temple on the Bay of Bengal. There is a good chain of restaurants like TAJ, etc where you can have lunch while going from Chennai to Puducherry.
There are many places to visit in Puducherry. One can select based upon their interest. However, I am listing down all. All places are approximately 40 to 1-hour drive from CM Puducherry Resort. So you can keep your base at the Resort and plan the visiting places as per your interest.
Club Mahindra Puducherry Resort is very strategically located.
1) Puducherry Local - There are many places to visit in this old French Town. One can take 2 wheeler and explore the city on their own. There are many temples and churches. Manakula Vinayagar Temple is known for its elephant blessings where you can take blessings of an elephant.
The Sacred Heart of Basilica is 300 years old beautiful Church. Sri Aurobindo Ashram is a must-visit place for those who want spiritual retreat. You can indulge in various meditation sessions and yoga practices that will transcend you into a state of peace.
Puducherry Museum and Botanical Garden French War Memorial - Built in the memory of the soldiers of World War I. If you are very good at History then you will surely love this place.
2) Boating at Chunnambar Backwater If you have not visited Kerala then do it over here. It is really a good experience.
3) Water Sports Paradise Beach and Karaikal Beach are perfect for water sports activities
4) Scuba Diving If you have not done it at Andaman then do it over here. You will really enjoy it. The best diving sites in Pondy include Aravind’s Wall, 4 Corners, The Hole, Coral Shark Reef and Temple Reef, with the best organizer being the Temple Adventures, a five-star rated PADI Center. Diving will cost around INR 6000 ($93.96) – INR 9000 ($140.94) per head, which includes two dives in a day.
5) Auroville It’s a universal town where people from across the world, irrespective of caste, creed, culture, or country, live and work together in harmony and peace. This township is the perfect example of ‘unity in diversity and first of its kind in the world. The town is developed on the unique concept of zero discharge, waste to wealth, Energy Neutral, etc. For Engineers, it is the best example town to learn all utilities. In the middle of the town is the Matrimandir
Now it is time to describe the facilities of our Resort. The resort offers a private beach. The beach is just at the backyard and there is a gate from the resort to the beach. Excellent sandy beach and its really safe. The Resort offers many activities like bike rides, dance classes, etc. There is a very good Activity Hub and a shop in the resort.
The food is excellent. Very nice spread of Buffet at BF and dinner. Try South Indian Filter Coffee at BF and dinner along with various varieties of DOSA. If you are a seafood lover then Resort has a very good separate restaurant at the beachside offering a seafood buffet.
In short, you can experience a private beach, French culture, and a modern vibrant environment all together at one place over here.
You just earned