February 10, 2020
Enormous mountains, cedar forests, gorgeous landscapes and vivid prayer flags gently swaying in the wind, define the city of Dharamshala. Popularly known as the city of Dalai Lama, Dharamshala is a potpourri of different faiths, cultures and beliefs. It invites tourists from around the world to come here and seek serenity and peace.
This beautiful city is mostly occupied by a large population of Tibetan exiles, who have constructed gorgeous monasteries, schools and temples here. Nesting in the Kangra district, there are many monumental places to visit in Dharamshala, such as:
1. McLeod Ganj – A suburb in the state of Himachal Pradesh, McLeod Ganj has a large number of Tibetans living here, lending this place a unique and very interesting outlook. It is one of the most popular places in Dharamshala and hosts a bevy of tourist around the year.
2. Gyuto Monastery – This is one of the oldest monasteries in the world and happens to be incredibly famous for its Buddhist teachings and tantric meditations. Even today, you can find many monks practicing ancient rituals here.
3. Dharamkot – Popular among hill station lovers, you will find this quaint hamlet just above McLeod Ganj. It is mainly occupied by foreigners who have slowly started to settle down here. For some truly mesmerising views, we'd recommend a visit to the popular Snowline Café.
4. Bhagsunath Temple – There's an interesting legend attached to this temple. Apparently, King Bhasu built this temple to seek forgiveness from Nag Devta, or the Snake God, for stealing water from the sacred Nag Dal Lake. Of course, the medieval shrine is also famous for its two pools that are believed to have healing properties.
5. Tsuglag Khang – Located amidst the most beautiful natural surroundings, this temple attracts tourists, pilgrims and monks, all through the year. However, the best time to visit this temple is during April to October.
There are many other places like Masrur, the Library of Tibetan Works and Archives, some galleries and even museums that you can add to your list of ‘what to see in Dharamshala’.
If you are planning to visit this gorgeous city soon, ensure you do a thorough research on resorts in Dharamshala that provide you with modern amenities, but are also close to a few attractions. If you'd like to enjoy the best that this city has to offer, you should have a look at the Club Mahindra Dharamshala resort, where you are guaranteed a comfortable stay and a memorable trip.
Before you plan your vacation with Club Mahindra, it may be a good idea to check out the Club Mahindra reviews of Dharamshala resort, which gives you detailed information and a genuine idea about the resort from a customer’s point of view. Choosing the correct resort is important as it ensures that you and your family can concentrate on relaxing and having a good time, especially when the city is as gorgeous as this holy land!
Also, read through these Club Mahindra reviews & get a sneak peak of how our happy members are enjoying their family vacations at popular holiday destinations of India with Club Mahindra resorts.
Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd. (MHRIL), a part of Leisure and Hospitality sector of the Mahindra Group, offers quality family holidays primarily through vacation ownership memberships and brings to the industry values such as reliability, trust and customer satisfaction. Started in 1996, the company's flagship brand ‘Club Mahindra’, today has over 250,000 members , who can holiday at 100+ resorts in India and abroad.