Whether it’s a birthday, an anniversary or a celebration, any happy event is incomplete without some great cake. While we can get cakes delivered at home any time, baking one at home has its own charm. And what could be better than surprising your loved ones with a home-made cake?
Not all of us are bakers, but anyone can try making these six easy and less-common recipes, specially brought to you for World Cake Day.
Butter Pound Cake
The Butter Pound Cake can be easy to make. These classic cakes are soft and moist, yet still have the buttery flavor and springy texture. Here’s how to make a Butter Pound Cake.
- Preheat an oven at 350°C and keep a round cake pan ready with sides and base greased with butter and dusted with flour. Also, place parchment paper at the bottom.
- Cream 2 cups of sugar and a cup of butter until the mixture feels fluffy and light. Beat 5 eggs and one teaspoon vanilla separately. Take 2-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/8 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder and whisk the mixture. Add all to the creamed mixture. Keep adding water in small amounts and beat it until you achieve a smooth thick mixture.
- Transfer all into the pan and bake for about 50-55 minutes or until a pierced toothpick comes out clean. It will have a gorgeous golden-brown colour.
- Cool it for about 10 minutes before removing the pan.
- You can serve it like that or you can garnish it with warm corn, maple or chocolate syrup. Sprinkle a sugar coat, add berries and top all with some more warm syrup.
Vanilla Bean Angel Food Cake
A simple yet heavenly tasting classic Angel Food Cake, is something that fills the kitchen with the rich, pure scent of vanilla as it bakes. Here’s how to make Vanilla Bean Angel Food Cake.
- Take 12 eggs and place whites separately in a bowl for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven at 325°C and get the cake pan ready.
- In a bowl, mix one cup of cake flour and 3/4 cups of sugar until it looks like a blend.
- Add cream of tartar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and one teaspoon vanilla extract to egg whites and beat it until you see a soft peak forming.
- Take 3/4 cups of sugar and add to the beating mixture, one tablespoon at a time. Work on the process until the sugar is dissolved and glossy peaks get formed.
- Add flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Put the mixture in the pan and bake for about 45-55 minutes and let the pan cool for about half an hour to one hour.
- Garnish the cake with your favourite syrup and fruits or serve it like that.
Take your pizza night to new heights with a Pizza Cake. This one-of-its-kind cake is worth giving a try, especially on this World Cake Day. Here’s how to bake a Pizza Cake.
- Take a packet of yellow cake mix and prepare a mixture following the instructions on the back of it.
- Take a pan and pour the mixture into it. Bake it for 20 minutes in an oven set at 350°C. Check the texture by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, your cake base is ready. Take it out and leave it for cooling for about 10-15 minutes.
- Take a cup of vanilla frosting, add red food colouring to it and spread on the surface of the cake.
- Sprinkle grated white chocolate to make it look like cheese.
- Cut fruits into small pieces and add them as a replacement for your favourite toppings.
The Oreo Cake recipe is to die for! It is certainly an Oreo lover’s dream. Here’s how to prepare an Oreo Cake.
- Crush 12 Oreo cookies and make a fine powder of them in a blender.
- Add 1 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder and one teaspoon powdered sugar to the mixture.
- You can add more milk to make the mixture runny yet thick.
- Take a cake pan and pour the mixture into it. Bake it in the microwave for about 4-5 minutes.
- Check the cake by running a knife in the middle of it.
- For garnishing, you can pour chocolate ganache or add vanilla frosting. Sprinkle some chocolate chips and paste a few Oreo cookies on the side.
The above recipes are easy to follow and suit every type of celebration. Let us know in the comment which one you want to try or have already tried. Happy Baking!
About Mahindra Holidays
Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Limited (MHRIL), India’s leading player in the leisure hospitality industry, offers quality family holidays as also stated by Club Mahindra Resort Reviews, primarily through vacation ownership memberships. While Club Mahindra Membership Fees gives you an opportunity to explore your holidays across the world, the other brands offered by the company are – Club Mahindra Resorts Fundays and Svaastha Spa. As on Mar 31, 2019, MHRIL has 100+ resorts across India and abroad and its subsidiary, Holiday Club Resorts Oy, Finland, a leading vacation ownership company in Europe has 33 resorts across Finland, Sweden and Spain. Visit us at www.clubmahindra.com