Complete Guide for a Family Trip to Solang Valley in Himachal Pradesh
Solang Valley is located at a distance of about 13 kilometres from Manali. The valley is located between the Beas Kund and Solang village. This valley in Manali offers the best view of the snow-capped mountains and the stunning glaciers.
It is an ideal place for skiing and attracts tourists from across the world. There are many who cannot have enough of the valley’s beauty and keep coming back repeatedly. Solang Valley turns into an absolute paradise in winter. This is the best time to enjoy skiing here. And when the snow melts, one could try zorbing and para-gliding. The valley is one of the best places to visit in Manali and while on a family vacation, every member can indulge in some most interesting things to do here.
Not just Manali, the Solang Valley is one of the most beautiful places to visit in North India. No matter the time of the year or the weather during the year, the valley looks gorgeous and promises an incredible experience among all the places to visit in Manali.
There is a long-held misconception about the Solang Valley. Many believe that it is only a spot frequented by thrill seekers and there is little for families to do here. However, this couldn’t be more wrong. Whether you are headed to Solang Valley with your partner, friends or family, there is a lot to see and do.
Solang Valley offers several options for sightseeing in Manali. Whether you are an adventure enthusiast or a nature admirer, Solang Valley is one among the places to visit in Manali that is going to be absolutely thrilling.
There is no specific time that you’ll be recommended to visit the valley. It looks gorgeous throughout the year. You need to be sure why you want to visit the beautiful Solang Valley and that should help you decide on the time to visit. Pretty as a picture that the valley is throughout the year, there are a number of places to visit here. Nonetheless, the best time to visit it is in the months of April to December.
The temperature at Solang Valley is ideal in the summer months and you will enjoy a number of adventurous activities. If you want to indulge yourself in some winter sports like skiing, then the best time to visit Solang Valley is in December and January. For para-gliding enthusiasts, the ideal time to visit Solang Valley is in June. The weather is pleasant throughout the year but it is best to avoid the monsoon months.
There are several things to do in Solang Valley throughout the year. You will never get bored here, no matter what your personality is and your purpose of the visit. There is a lot to do for individuals of all ages. The months of winter are the best for skiing and the summer is ideal for skiing, para-gliding and zorbing.
Here are some of the things you can do in Solang Valley.
1. Zorbing: There is absolutely nothing that can match the fun of hurtling down a hill in a transparent ball. Zorbing is a must-try experience in Solang Valley and it is a thrilling experience. When you roll down the hill in the months of summer, the sensations in your body and the overall experience will be tough to put in words. Zorbing here will cost you around INR 350 and more.
2. Paragliding: Out of all the things to do in Solang Valley, one of the most popular and fun activities is paragliding. It is a thrilling experience and there are two jump stations for you to choose from. One is the lower level and one is on a higher level. If you ever have dreamt of flying like a bird, this is the activity for you. The cost for the same ranges between INR 600 to INR 800.
3. Camping: Do you want to curl up in a cosy tent in the middle of the green meadows? You can do so in Solang Valley. In the months of summer, there are many people who go camping and enjoy the hills like a backpacker. This is a unique experience you can enjoy and one you should definitely engage in.
4. Quad Biking: This is one activity you should definitely try if you are travelling to Solang Valley in the months of summer. It is a thrill like nothing else when you are riding an ATV. You can choose to be driven along with a trained driver or ride the bike on your own. The activity will cost you anywhere between INR 900 to INR 1000.
5. Snowmobiling: This activity will allow you to float over the snow and the excitement will bring out the child in you. You can enjoy snowmobiling in Solang Valley and if you have done it in the past, you know it is one of the best activities to engage in. Snowmobiling in Solang Valley will cost you INR 500 and more.
6. Skiing: Skiing is the most thrilling activity to try in Solang Valley. Known as skier’s paradise, skiing in Solang Valley is an ideal opportunity for you to enjoy the snow from different levels. It will cost you INR 300 and above here and will be a lot of fun for all age groups.
7. Solang Ropeway: The Solang Ropeway ride is not just a fun activity but is a short journey from the mountain top, which is worth the experience. The state-of-the-art cabin will glide along the rope at a speed of six metres per second and will take you to the top to indulge in some adventure sports at a height. The cost of the same is INR 450 and it is one of the best things to do in Solang Valley, Manali and one of the best places to visit in Manali.
Places to Visit in Solang Valley
No matter how short or long your trip is, there are many places to see in Solang Valley and they are all worth a visit. Here are some places you should absolutely not miss visiting when in Solang Valley.
1. Rohtang Pass: Rohtang Pass is a wonderland you should not miss out on. It is one of the most important places for sightseeing in Manali. It is situated in the heart of Himachal Pradesh. There are no accommodation options here but you can easily pitch your tent and relax under the stars. It is an ideal place to visit from May to October. It is a gateway to Spiti Valley and Lahaul and is one of the best places to visit in Manali. It lies at a distance of 42 kilometres from Solang Valley. It is truly one of the best places to visit in Manali.
2. Great Himalayan National Park: At a short distance from the valley, this park is in Kullu and when here, you can expect an ideal blend of adventure and enjoying the beauty of nature. To make your sightseeing in Manali exciting, you have to visit this place. You can enjoy bird watching, rock climbing, trekking, camping and many such activities. The thrill seeker in you will thank you when you are here. It is at a distance of 77 kilometres from Solang Valley in Manali.
3. Kothi: If you want to escape from the tourists in Solang Valley, head to Kothi village. It is an ideal place to visit in Solang Valley. You will witness the magic of nature and take in the old-world charm. It is only at a distance of five kilometres from Solang Valley in Manali and is one of the most important and yet offbeat places for sightseeing in Manali.
You can reach Solang Valley easily by air, train and road.
By Air: The closest airport to Solang Valley is the Kullu Manali airport situated in Bhuntar. It lies at a distance of 63 kilometres away from Solang Valley and you can hire a taxi or a car to reach the valley in two or two-and-a-half hours.
By Train: The closest railway station is Joginder Nagar Railway Station in Solang Valley. It is located at a distance of 175 kilometres from the valley and once at the station, you can hire a cab and look forward to a scenic drive to Solang Valley.
By Road: Solang Valley in Manali is well-connected by a network of roads. There are a number of buses that ply to Manali from Delhi on a daily basis. There are private operators, state seater buses and semi sleepers. You can also drive your own car to reach Solang Valley.
Here are some tips to help you plan your Solang valley holiday with your friends and family.
• It is very important that you check the Solang Valley weather before you book your trip or plan the itinerary.
• You need to pack light cotton clothes or warm woollens keeping the weather in mind. You could need a windcheater based on the season you visit the valley in.
• Those visiting in the peak season need to ensure that accommodation is booked well in advance.
• Carry a good quality camera with extra batteries so you do not miss out on capturing the beauty of this stunning destination.
• Ensure you pack the medicines, mosquito repellent, torch and toiletries that you will need.
• If you wish to travel further to Rohtang Pass, you will have to obtain a Rohtang Pass Permit for the same.
There is a lot for sightseeing in Manali for you to do that you need to make note of. Do not miss out on some of the most important places to visit in Manali and make the most of your holiday here.
Whether you are an adventure junkie or someone seeking a calm and peaceful break, you will find it all in Manali. There won’t be a moment of boredom no matter the length of your holiday. However, it is advised you keep the weather conditions in mind before deciding to travel to Manali. You will have to pack accordingly for the activities you plan to engage in will also vary based on the weather conditions.
There are numerous places to visit in Manali that will keep you engaged and will offer you unique experiences. Keep the peak season in mind and ensure your accommodation is planned and booked well in advance. Planning a trip properly before setting out will help ensure that you do not miss out on anything important when travelling to Solang Valley in Manali.
You can explore the beauty of Solang Valley and a number of places to visit in Manali on your family vacation at the Club Mahindra Manali resort. There are two Club Mahindra resorts in Manali. One resort is perfectly nestled in the mountains and is surrounded by apple orchards. It offers stunning views and a great opportunity for adventure sports. You can reach the resort easily from Chandigarh and New Delhi. It is located at a distance of 350 kilometres from the former and 585 kilometres from the latter. The airport is only 50 kilometres away from the resort. The resort has several amenities that will make your stay comfortable and memorable. including Wi-Fi.
The other resort by Club Mahindra, White Meadows is located on the banks of River Beas. It offers a breath-taking view of the mountains and is ideal for adventure sports. The resort is surrounded by lush greenery. You can enjoy unhindered views of the mountains from the rooms that are all equipped with every modern amenity. The rooms include double beds, LCD TVs and tea/ coffee makers. While at the resort, you can also make the most of the luxurious spa, gym, and bar room. You can indulge in some fun-filled activities at the White Meadows resort in Manali with your family and relish the traditional North Indian cuisine at the in-house restaurant.
Do remember to take a look at the Club Mahindra reviews online to know more about the service and hospitality at the resorts. With a Club Mahindra membership, you can enjoy unforgettable holidays with your family for 25 years across several resorts in the country.