September 11, 2020
Travelling During COVID-19 with Children and Senior Citizens
Resorts In India
'Only At Club Mahindra' Experiences
September 11, 2020
Doesn’t it feel good thinking about getting the opportunity to travel again? The last few months have been tough for all of us. The rapidly rising COVID-19 forced the world into lockdown as it took the title of being termed as a pandemic. All travel and holiday plans had to be cancelled indefinitely and each of us was compelled to stay at home since going out meant contracting COVID-19 and spreading the virus even more. But slowly and steadily, places are opening for the general public. Everything is being carried out with a set of strict travel safety guidelines, revising them as and how the situation warrants and changes.
Now that Unlock 4.0 is underway in most parts of India, travelling is becoming a possibility. People are becoming more and more open to the idea of going away for the weekend to a nearby hill station or opting for a staycation at a hotel in the same city. Revised and improved travel safety guidelines are being implemented from time to time. Resorts and hotels are now being opened up to the general public while travelling via different modes of transportation. But when it comes to travelling with children or senior citizens or both, a lot more has to be considered than just your standard safety guidelines.
1) Carry pocket sanitizers and disinfectant wipes. These will come in handy to clean and wipe down unfamiliar items and surfaces.
2) Make sure to wear a mask and gloves at all times.
3) Maintain 6 feet distance from another individual. People travelling close to one another can significantly increase the transmission of the COVID-19
4) Opt for travelling to less crowded areas. It will be more peaceful and there are fewer chances of getting the virus from another person.
When travelling with kids, meticulous planning and being organized is the key. Small kids are full of energy and tend to keep moving from one spot to another in the space of a few minutes and touch multiple surfaces as they go. Here are some vital travel safety guidelines to keep in mind while travelling with children:
1) Teach kids the importance of keeping themselves and their immediate surroundings clean and hygienic. Build in them the habit of using a sanitizer immediately if they happen to come in contact with a surface or an item.
2) Make sure to carry enough food and games to keep the children distracted and stay put in their seats. If travelling by air, in-flight food may not be available, and if it is, options may be scarce.
3) Ensure kids are wearing gloves and masks in the flight. For children too young to wear masks, face guards are equally effective. While airlines provide blankets, it will be advisable to carry one from home for the kids to use.
With age, immunity levels tend to reduce and health-related issues tend to increase. Travelling with senior citizens during the pandemic can be risky, but it’s not impossible. Here are some important travel safety guidelines to keep in mind while travelling with senior citizens:
1) When travelling by road with a senior citizen, plan minimal halts but plan them based on the needs of the senior citizen. Ideally, senior citizens should stick to consuming pre-packed home food that is healthy and safe.
2) Ensure that you have active travel insurance and health insurance in place that covers the senior citizen’s age and medical requirements.
3)While packing, make sure you have all the necessary medications and prescriptions. Visit the doctor before travelling and take note of extra precautions that can be useful.
Travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic is risky and when you add children and senior citizens, it increases the risk level by multiple folds. But when it comes to figuring safe accommodation to stay at, Club Mahindra resorts are here for you and your family! Club Mahindra resorts are making sure that all necessary health and safety guidelines are being followed to ensure resort safety for all its guests and members. Whether you are a child, adult or a senior citizen, there is nothing to worry about while staying at any of the Club Mahindra resorts.
Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd. (MHRIL), a part of Leisure and Hospitality sector of the Mahindra Group, offers quality family holidays primarily through vacation ownership memberships and brings to the industry values such as reliability, trust and customer satisfaction. Started in 1996, the company's flagship brand ‘Club Mahindra’, today has over 250,000 members , who can holiday at 100+ resorts in India and abroad.