COVID-19: Centre Issues SOPs for Those Who Need to Travel Abroad for Education or Employment
The Union health ministry has issued SOPs for people who are seeking to travel abroad for education, employment, or as a part of the Indian contingent to the Tokyo Olympics. Here are some important points from the Centre-issued SOPs.
- Those who need to travel outside India will require the CoWin certificate to be linked to their passport. The facility is available till August 31, 2021.
- These categories will also be allowed to take the second dose of Covishield before the mandated minimum interval of 84 days from the date of the first dose. The second dose, however, will only be given 28 days after taking the first dose. CoWin will soon provide the facility of administering the second dose in such cases.
- States and Union territories (UTs) have been asked to designate district-wise competent authorities whose responsibility will be to check whether a period of 28 days has elapsed after the date of the first dose. The authority will also check the legitimacy of the purpose of travel.
- People wanting to travel abroad for education will have to present documents related to admission offers or associated formal communications. Those who are already studying in a foreign institute and have to go back to continue their education will also require to show relevant documents.
- Those going for work/job will have to present the proof of their interview call or an offer letter.
- The athletes, sportspersons, and accompanying staff of the Indian contingent attending Tokyo Olympics will have to present documents related to the nomination to participate in the sporting event.
- Centre advised that vaccination should be availed after showing passport as an ID proof (which is one of the permissible ID documents as per the current guidelines) so that the passport number is printed on the certificate.
- In case, the passport was not used as an ID proof at the time of administering the first dose, the details of the other photo ID used for vaccination will be printed in the vaccine certificate, and mentioning the passport number here is not to be insisted upon. The competent authority, however, in this case, might issue another certificate that will link the vaccination certificate with the passport number of the person.
Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Limited (MHRIL), India’s leading player in the leisure hospitality industry, offers quality family holidays as also stated by Club Mahindra Resort Reviews, primarily through vacation ownership memberships. While Club Mahindra Membership Fees gives you an opportunity to explore your holidays across the world, the other brands offered by the company are – Club Mahindra Resorts Fundays and Svaastha Spa. As on Mar 31, 2019, MHRIL has 100+ resorts across India and abroad and its subsidiary, Holiday Club Resorts Oy, Finland, a leading vacation ownership company in Europe has 33 resorts across Finland, Sweden and Spain. Visit us at www.clubmahindra.com