February 06, 2020
Uttarakhand Tourism - A Complete Guide for a Family Trip to Uttarakhand
Resorts In India
'Only At Club Mahindra' Experiences
February 06, 2020
Surrounded by mountain peaks and Himalayan plains, Uttarakhand is arguably the most versatile tourist destination of India. It attracts thousands of tourists from around the world and is known for its great natural beauty and pleasant weather. Uttarakhand has something for everyone; whether you are a solo traveller, on your honeymoon, or holidaying with family, you will never get bored.
Also known ‘Dev Bhoomi’, Uttarakhand is home to some important Hindu shrines, including the temples of Kedarnath and Badrinath. This aspect attracts numerous pilgrims to the state. But Uttarakhand tourism is not only about temples and yoga ashrams. There’s much more to the state than you can ever imagine.
Also Read: Uttarakhand Resorts | Holiday Resorts by Club Mahindra
• Nainital: This famous Uttarakhand tourist town is set in serene surroundings and is blessed by beautiful lakes. A popular hill station, Nainital has an abundance of lakes and greenery, which make it a hit with honeymooners. It is bordered by the Himalayas on three sides, which offers a range of excursion options to adventure enthusiasts. One can also enjoy boating and cable car rides, or visit the sacred Naina Devi Temple.
• Binsar Valley: One of the most scenic places in Uttarakhand, Binsar Valley is a compact town surrounded by Binsar wildlife sanctuary. The place is home to thick flora and fauna and is an ideal spot for camping, nature walks, and hiking. It offers splendid views of Nanda Devi, Kedarnath, Chaukhamba, Panchachuli, and Nanda Kot.
• Corbett: One of the most scenic tourist attractions in Uttarakhand, Corbett National Park is a perfect destination for wildlife enthusiasts. It is home to more than 500 bird species, 50 mammal species, and about 25 reptile species. It is an abode for tigers and leopards. You can also sight wild dogs, wild boar, deer, jungle cats, sloth bear, and goat-antelopes. In addition to the mandatory safari, the park also offers elephant rides.
• Dehradun: Your visit to Uttarakhand will be incomplete if you give Dehradun a miss. It introduces you to the Shivalik range and is a gateway to the picturesque mountains of the state. The town has a blessed location that gives it beauty and tranquillity. It has an excellent climate throughout the year. One of the oldest cities in India, Dehradun has a number of intriguing places one simply must visit.
• Mussoorie: Complete your Uttarakhand trip with a visit to this popular hill station. It’s been a famous destination since the British era and offers great views of the mountains. Situated in the foothills, Mussoorie has excellent waterfalls and a lake that’s a major tourist attraction. There are a number of fun filled things to do in Uttarakhand, such as fishing, cable car ride, boating, shopping, and camping.
Also Read: A Complete Guide to Valley of Flowers Trek in Uttarakhand
While you visit the top tourist destinations in Uttarakhand, you can engage in a number of activities. Uttarakhand scores high on adventure and has something for every thrill-seeker.
• White-water rafting: White-water rafting in Tons river valley is an activity that’s a big hit with the tourists. The ideal time to visit is between October and November. The location is close to Netwar village. If you are a beginner, you might want to head to River Kosi in Ranikhet, where the rating grade is low. The best time to visit is between March and May. River Kali flows through Pithoragarh and also offers an opportunity. The best time to visit is from March to June and September to December.
•Paragliding: The best time to go paragliding in Uttarakhand is during summer; winters see moderate to heavy snowfall. If you’re experienced in paragliding, you can do so at Dayara Bugyal, a stunning meadow located 10,000 feet above sea level. It is 21 km from Mussoorie and is one of the top five paragliding destinations in the country. Bedini Bugyal is another spot famous for paragliding activities. It has gentle slopes and is about 215 km from Mundoli. You have to trek around 11 km to reach the spot. A five-day paragliding package can cost around Rs 5000. Other spots in Uttarakhand that offer the thrill include Naukutchiyatal, Pratap Nagar, Mussoorie, Rishikesh, and Pithoragarh.
• Bungee jumping: Rishikesh is famous for bungee jumping adventures. It has the highest bungee jump in India, at a height of 83 metres. You can also engage in the Giant Swing, which is performed from the same platform. The cost for each is Rs 3550. Both are completely safe and the entire activity is supervised by professionals.
How to Reach Uttarakhand
It is easy to reach Uttarakhand by air, rail, and road.
• By air: You can fly to Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun or Pantnagar Airport in Nainital. There are regular flights to Dehradun airport and limited flights to Pantnagar airport from major Indian cities.
• By rail: There are railway stations in Uttarakhand that link to important cities like Lucknow, Varanasi, and Delhi. These include Rishikesh, Haridwar, Kotdwar, Dehradun, Udhan Singh Nagar, Pauri, and Kathgodam.
• By road: Good roads cover the entire state of Uttarakhand through a network of state highways. The highways are linked to the main tourist destinations. There are regular bus services.
Summers are the best time to visit Uttarakhand because the temperature varies from 20 °C degrees to 35 °C. It’s a welcome relief from the hot weather elsewhere in the country. If you visit during the monsoon (July to September), you might not be able to enjoy adventure activities because of the risk of landslides; however, the natural beauty is at its peak during this time.
If you love the snow, go to Uttarakhand between November and February, when the temperature dips to as low as 3 °C.
Also Read: Binsar: Uttarakhand’s Hidden Gem You Must Visit
Enjoy the best of Uttarakhand with your family at a Club Mahindra resort. Club Mahindra has four resorts in Uttarakhand: one in Nainital, one in Mussoorie, and two near Almora, named Binsar Valley resort and Binsar Villa. All four can be easily reached by road.
All these resorts in Uttarakhand have an ideal location in a picturesque setting and offer a comfortable stay with a number of amenities. Binsar Valley resort has 31 rooms and apartments while Binsar Villa resort in Uttarakhand has 22 huts with modern amenities. You can enjoy the local cuisine at the in-house restaurants of Club Mahindra Uttarakhand resorts and engage in some fun-filled family adventures. You can wake up to breathtakingly beautiful views of the mountains and enjoy the first-class service at the resorts. Become a Club Mahindra member today & have a memorable vacation in Uttarakhand with your family!
Also, read through these Club Mahindra reviews & get a sneak peek of what members have to say about their family vacation at Uttarakhand resorts!
Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd. (MHRIL), a part of Leisure and Hospitality sector of the Mahindra Group, offers quality family holidays primarily through vacation ownership memberships and brings to the industry values such as reliability, trust and customer satisfaction. Started in 1996, the company's flagship brand ‘Club Mahindra’, today has over 250,000 members , who can holiday at 100+ resorts in India and abroad.