Top 10 Things To Do In Mahabaleshwar
Mahabaleshwar, a beautiful hill station that happens to be one of the treasured gems of the Sahyadris, needs no introduction.
Mahabaleshwar, a beautiful hill station that happens to be one of the treasured gems of the Sahyadris, needs no introduction. With gorgeous views and pleasant weather throughout the year, there are activities aplenty for visitors to partake in. From the outstanding sights of lavish green mounts and the views of the sunrise at daybreak to indulging in desserts and milkshakes made from the mouth-watering strawberries, we create a list of fun-filled things to do in Mahabaleshwar.
A holiday in Mahabaleshwar with family and friends will offer you with a bundle of memories to be cherished for a long time. So, without further ado, here’s a list of top ten things to do in Mahabaleshwar that will appeal to every kind of tourist:
1. Enjoy the view at Wilson Point in Mahabaleshwar: For the romantic, there can be no such thing as too many sunrises or sunsets – which is why this tops the list of things to do in Mahabaleshwar. A little over 2 km from the bus stand, Wilson Point is an extensive plateau where you can lose track of time as you sit for hours with your loved ones. Being the highest point in Mahabaleshwar, you are treated to a panoramic view of the town and forests as well.
2. Walk around Tapola: Also known as the Mini Kashmir of central India, Tapola is a village bordered by the attractive Shivsagar Lake. Located 25 km from Mahabaleshwar, Tapola is a must-visit for jungle trekkers and water sports enthusiasts. A walk through the forests is a chance to sight some interesting varieties of plant, wildlife, and avifauna.
3. Picnic at Connaught Peak - Mahabaleshwar: It was formerly known as Mount Olympia and later renamed after the Duke of Connaught. At 1400 m above sea level, the place offers some stunning views of Venna Lake and Krishna Valley, which makes picnicking a fun activity to take up with family and friends.
4. Pray at Mahabaleshwar temple: If your holidays feel incomplete without a darshan or two, visit this ancient temple – not just for a spiritual connect, but also to witness the splendid legacy of Maratha architecture. The temple sees many believers as well as art and architecture aficionados who come here to enjoy the peace and quiet.
5. Admire Pratapgarh Fort in Mahabaleshwar: This ancient fort stands testimony to some historic moments that scripted the Maratha Empire’s fight for swaraj under the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji. A web of well-designed pools, hidey-holes, and dimly lit pathways add to the charms of Pratapgarh Fort, making it a must-visit in Mahabaleshwar.
6. Go boating on Venna Lake in Mahabaleshwar: Surrounded by hills and flanked by trees, this sparkling lake can be found scattered with colourful Shikaras, offering an unforgettable experience to tourists. Among the best things to do in Mahabaleshwar, the Lake lures you to take a secluded boat tour to enjoy the magnificent views of the nearby hills from an exceptional viewpoint. Hourly charges are around Rs 500 per person for a rowboat with seven passengers and Rs 400 for a pedal boat. Half-hourly slots are available too.
7. Go bird watching at Babington Point In Mahabaleshwar: Situated 1300 m above sea level, this place is a paradise for nature lovers, wildlife enthusiasts, and bird watchers. Its serene setting, outstanding climate, and an extensive cover of thick foliage attract several species of animals and birds.
8. Take a shower in the Lingmala Falls near Mahabaleshwar: Just 6 km from Mahabaleshwar, these heavenly falls amidst lush green environs are sure to invoke in you a childlike and unadulterated sense of joy. Taking a dip in these refreshingly cool cascades is one of the things you must not miss while in Mahabaleshwar.
9. Binge on strawberries at Mapro Gardens in Mahabaleshwar: Your visit to Mahabaleshwar wouldn’t be complete if you don’t visit Mapro Gardens. Gorge on fresh strawberries and shop for jam, jellies, toffees, etc. in various fruit flavours. Another interesting thing about the Mapro Gardens is that you can witness the making of the jams here!
10. Explore Rajpuri caves in Mahabaleshwar: The four Rajpuri Caves, surrounded by large kunds, is a definite place of interest for history lovers. Discover the wonders of yore trapped in stone – some caves are claimed to be interlinked by mysterious underground tunnels. Two of these form the temples of Lord Karthikeya and Goddess Ghatjal Devi.
Holidays in Mahabaleshwar are more fun when you stay at Club Mahindra Sherwood resort in Mahabaleshwar or Club Mahindra’s affiliate Saj Resort in Mahabaleshwar. Both resorts have spacious rooms well-equipped with all essential facilities. In keeping with the standards of Club Mahindra resorts, you are offered the best of local as well as continental cuisine at the in-house restaurants. The staff can help you plan many enjoyable things to do in Mahabaleshwar with your family and friends. Your holidays are always enjoyable when you choose to stay at a Club Mahindra resort. The numerous Club Mahindra reviews online that are appreciative of our services and amenities stand ample testimony to this fact. Mahabaleshwar is one of the best place to visit in Maharashtra. Get a detailed information about Maharashtra tourism such as best time to visit, places to visit and things to do in Maharashtra. So wait no more, plan a weekend trip to Mahabaleshwar soon and visit all these exciting places!